Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beautiful Thailand

Sai Yok Waterfalls

Even after almost a full year in Thailand there are lots of beautiful spots to discover. Together with the interns Emily und Koen (America and Belgium) plus two friends of Khwan, Tan and Of, we enjoyed a weekend in the West of Thailand, near the border to Burma.

Highligths:

Huge graveyard on our way to the waterfalls. Thousands of British, Australian and Dutch soldiers were killed by the Japanese during their WW2 invasion.


Hot springs. The water in these basins is REALLY hot, after 10 minutes you’ll feel like dying, burning or sleeping. Fortunately nearby there was cold river to cool down.
We spent the night on a ferry and had truly delicious food for dinner, unforgettable!! And…..into the water!

Khwan looks like enjoying, doesn’t she..

Random pics

Tuesdays and Thursdays: Board gaming in the Mc Donalds near Chit Lom, huge fun even though mostly in Thai. These gamers seem to have played every single game ever produced, in every single edition.

Visiting Coca Cola Thailand together with Andy.

Huh?! Who’s that? Visit from Muenster, Germany: Basti, Nat’s boyfriend and Liza, fresh from Germany as well. After eating delicious Guai Diau, we headed over to an indie film festival. If you get bored in Bangkok, you are boring!
Wojciech, one of our interns from Poland after a bad motorcycle accident in the hospital.

One of our last meals in my old messy home. Now I live nearer to the city center and it has been taken over by 2 Indians and a Polish guy..


10 days conference in Hyderabed, India, with 700 delegates from more then 100 (!) countries. My roommates were from Malysia, Tanzania and Kenya. One highlight: Global village, all countries presented themselves at a booth and showed a typical performance.

Sightseeing in Hyderabad later on. Yet more crowded then Bangkok, most of the inhabitants are Muslims, celebrating Ramadhan in the picture. (Edit: Hyderabad expert Dave just told me that this is bullshit: The major religion is Hinudism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad,_India#Demographics)

Mumbai from the airplane.

With Khwan at the amazing Kao Yai national park. We saw not only monkeys, deers and elephants, but also a huge cobra that seemed to be quite angry and ready to bite. Luckily we could start the motorcycle quickly enough to escape!!

Yet another visa-run to Loas. I visited my Japanese friend Yuki there who used to work in AIESEC Thailand and works now for ODOP (one district one product). One example of a product is this delicious snail on the picture, supposed to taste great!


Recently I went to Loei, in the North of Thailand, on a 7 days mediation retreat. It was an experience I really don’t wanna miss. Even though we had to wake up 5 am and couldn’t eat at all after 12 pm!! The day included 4 hours of self development sessions and 5 hours of meditation. Compared to others this was quite a soft retreat (a friend from Alaska told me he was on a 10 days retreat with 10 hours mediation a day and complete silence!) . The area was in a peaceful valley surrounded by pure nature.  We had two teaching and mentoring monks from the Netherlands and UK (both could speak Thai fluently. Believe it or not since then I’ve been meditating every day! You should try it out, it’s a nice way to attain happiness ;)

With Khun Ittipat, a thoughtful and empowering friend

32 comments:

  1. I am grateful to you on the grounds that your article is exceptionally useful for me to continue with my exploration in same region. Your cited illustrations are all that much significant to my exploration field.This is extraordinary! It really exhibits to me where to broaden my online diary
    ไฮไลท์บอล

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.
    สูตรแทงตู้ม้า

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
    Agile project management course

    ReplyDelete
  4. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    เคล็ดลับการออมเงิน

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    เทคนิควิธีการแทงบอล

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    วิธีดูกราฟ Stochastic Oscillator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    poker tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.
    ibm server ราคา

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guide chant permit been often again sophisticated for a many of alones. To give shrewd I'd personally gratuity to provide olla skills for occasion snout yesteryear, uneasiness the careful offered fragment, finish singles visage at, accordingly equivocate a vigor, obtain the supreme of functionality alones illustrating, appearance at alongs ample surpass your arrange. Forex มือใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  10. The writer of this blog is really very professional. Every single line of this article is well written. New use of vocabulary is a great effort. At the same time tense, indirect speech was also sued in good manner.
    poker tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.
    Agile project management course

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    Project management professional

    ReplyDelete
  13. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    อุปกรณ์ server

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.
    accountant haarlem

    ReplyDelete
  15. The writer of this blog is really very professional. Every single line of this article is well written. New use of vocabulary is a great effort. At the same time tense, indirect speech was also sued in good manner.
    pedicure zaandam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.
    psychotherapeut nijmegen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am grateful to you on the grounds that your article is exceptionally useful for me to continue with my exploration in same region. Your cited illustrations are all that much significant to my exploration field.This is extraordinary! It really exhibits to me where to broaden my online diary
    tantra amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    หนังสือน่าอ่าน จิตวิทยา

    ReplyDelete
  20. Somewhere the content of the blog surrounded by little arguments. Yes it is healthy for readers. They can include this kind of language in their writing skill as well as while group discussion in college.
    วิเคราะห์กราฟ Forex

    ReplyDelete
  21. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
    poker theory

    ReplyDelete
  22. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful.
    Cisco SG350

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    ยารักษาไมเกรน

    ReplyDelete
  24. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    TeraStation 5800DN 24TB NAS

    ReplyDelete
  25. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    exness เปิดบัญชี

    ReplyDelete
  26. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    poker news

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello! It looks like the writer of this blog is really very professional because I never read such kind of writing before. The way of writing and the way of using right words on right place shows some expert skills
    ออกแบบฉลากสินค้า

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    Price Patterns คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  29. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
    zwangerschapscursus amsterdam zuid

    ReplyDelete
  30. I gained new knowledge from well written content of this blog. It is showing some different kind of strategy to keep work better and improve with every new assignment. Gracefully written blogzwangerschapsmassage nijmegen

    ReplyDelete
  31. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the net. I'm going to highly recommend this web site!
    cây treo đồ

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information… Thanks for sharing this one. A must read post!
    giường ngủ đẹp giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete